Roughly 20 percent of U.S. adults who were polled about health care during the coronavirus pandemic said that they or their household members delayed receiving medical care or were unable to get care at all due to the crisis, according to a recent study from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and National Public Radio.“We were really shocked,” said Mary Gorski Findling, lead study author and senior research associate at Harvard Chan School, in a Jan. 6 article in Verywell Health. “It was much higher than we expected. It’s concerning when we ask people, why aren’t you getting care? People are saying their doctor’s office wouldn’t see them, canceled their appointments, or they don’t feel safe there.”Among those who said they received delayed care, 57 percent said they experienced negative health consequences.In other findings, a majority of households that include people with chronic conditions reported cutting back on care. And one in seven adults reported that household members delayed or were unable to get an elective procedure, with 54 percent reporting negative health consequences because of it.Other authors of the study included Robert Blendon, Richard L. Menschel Professor of Public Health and professor of health policy and political analysis, emeritus, and John Benson, senior research scientist in the Department of Health Policy and Management. Read Full Story
It will be interesting to see if men’s world tennis number one Novak Djokovic can regain the existing momentum, 18 times women’s Grand Slam champion Chris Evert said on Thursday.She pointed out that this was necessary as Djokovic had built up a real head of steam before the COVID-19 pandemic shut the tennis season down. The 33-year-old was on a 21-match unbeaten run before the season came to a halt in early March.He had won the ATP Cup with Serbia, an eighth Australian Open title and a fifth Dubai Tennis Championships crown.“I feel bad for Novak. He had the momentum,” Evert said on the French Open website.“Everyone was saying: ‘Is he going to win a Grand Slam? Is he going to win four in a row?’“He was playing awesome tennis and then all of a sudden (season stopped). He’ll be an interesting story to see if he can get that momentum back.” Djokovic, who recently returned to Serbia after being stranded in Marbella in Spain for two months due to lockdown, is now organising an event that will be played across the Balkans.It will include Dominic Thiem, Grigor Dimitrov and Alexander Zverev.He said last month that he could win the most Grand Slam titles and become the longest-reigning world number one by the time he retires.Djokovic has 17 Grand Slams with Rafa Nadal on 19 and Roger Federer with 20.The possibility of tennis being wiped out for the rest of the year has led former players and pundits to speculate. The speculation was on whether the shutdown would be more detrimental to younger players or the game’s dominant talents.“I have a sneaky suspicion that the players that have been around for a long time, especially Serena (Williams), Roger, Rafa, I think they’re going to dive right into it,” said Evert.“They’re appreciating that they can be with their family. They’re appreciating that they can rest their bodies. But they also know that time is not on their side.”Reuters/NAN.RelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Djokovic clinches fifth Italian Open title Tags: COVID-19MomentumNovak DjokovicTennis
New Delhi: Former England superstar David Beckham has targeted Barcelona ace Lionel Messi as a player for the debut of his MLS club Inter Miami in 2020, as per reports. The Argentine forward is under contract his boyhood club Barcelona until June 2021 and will be 33 at the time Beckham’s Inter Miami makes its MLS debut.The 31-year-old has been a part of Barca since his childhood and will unlikely switch to another European club and his sour relationship with the Argentine supporters could affect a return to his homeland after he decides to call it quits for the Spanish giants.ALSO READ: Tamim Iqbal batting with fractured wrist won hearts | Check reactionsHowever, Miami consists of a massive Hispanic population, which could work out as an alternative for Messi.David Beckham’s popularity and contacts within the game might hand him the advantage to secure this reported deal, which could shock the whole footballing fraternity.Messi was crucial for Barcelona’s success in lifting the La Liga trophy last season and has already started the 2018/19 season in top gear scoring four goals in as many appearances.ALSO READ: Asia Cup 2018: Pakistan vs Hong Kong Preview The five-time Ballon d’Or winner signed a new contract following a reported interest from English club Manchester City.Meanwhile, Messi-led Argentina squad crashed out from the round of 16 of the FIFA World Cup 2018 as the Barca stalwart netted only once.In the recent years, MLS has seen the likes of Kaka, Zlatan, Andrea Pirlo, David Beckham, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and David Beckham himself switching to MLS. However, Messi will arguably the greatest and biggest signing in the history of MLS since Pele signed for New York Cosmos in 1975.But Messi would be a far bigger draw than them and possibly even Beckham and maybe the biggest since Pele joined the New York Cosmos in 1975. For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
Former Black Stars defender Tony Baffoe will be the central focus as Joy Sports begins the build up to the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations with the AFCON Diaries today from 7pm on Joy 99.7fm.Baffoe, who played the libero role in the Black Stars team at the 1992 edition of the tournament in Senegal, is now a FIFA General Co-ordinator – a role he played at the final of the Brazil 2014 World Cup. Tonight’s show will focus on the current value of the AFCON tournament within the big picture of world football. Baffoe brings a wealth of experience to the table, having worked in various roles at the AFCON and FIFA-organised tournaments including the flagship World Cup.The growing importance or otherwise on the Africa of Nations in relation competing brands like EURO competition COPA America amongst others will be explored on the showThe Joy Sports AFCON Diaries will be aired on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays before the tournament and daily during the tournament. It will also feature big name players (retired and active) officials and reporters from countries competing for honours at the tournament.Joy Sports exclusive and extensive coverage of the will be intensive across all platforms -TV, Radio and Online and proudly sponsored by Kenpong Travel and Tours