Ighalo reveals ‘difficult’ past at Man U

first_imgRelatedPosts Ighalo: My best moment as ‘Red Devil’ EPL: Crystal Palace stun sloppy Man U EPL: Red Devils attack Palace Manchester United striker Odion has revealed things have been “difficult” extending his loan spell at Old Trafford, but insists he is delighted to be staying on with the Premier League side.Ighalo was due to return to parent side Shanghai Shenhua on the final day of May with the season due to be wrapped up. But with the coronavirus pandemic postponing Premier League action until June 17, United have managed to keep him on until the end of January 2021.Explaining some of the finer details of proceedings, Ighalo has given an insight into his thoughts about staying on with the Red Devils.“I’m really happy,” he said. “It’s a dream for me to be here. I’m buzzing and ready to go.“I feel okay. The last few days have been difficult as there have been different talks about it but now I’m really happy so I need to concentrate fully. I’m here until the end of January, so it’s good for me.“I decided I want to stay and I’m happy. Since the first day I arrived, I made it clear that I wanted whatever it takes to continue that work. It was very difficult, there were some talks, but I’m happy they finally agreed and got everything done. Everything is official now. “I’m sending thanks to the Shanghai president and director for the support because they know this is what I want. So I’m thanking them and I’m happy that this has happened. They wish me all the best too.“Like I’ve said, since I was young, I’ve been supporting this club and playing for it is a dream. Now I’ve extended my loan, it makes it more even clear and I’m committed as I know, in my head, I’m here until January ending.“I just want to work hard and enjoy it, support the team and do whatever I can to make us go higher and higher.”Tags: Manchester UnitedOdion IghaloShanghai Shenhualast_img read more

Calgary Flames set embarrassing franchise record in sixth consecutive loss

first_imgIt’s not the kind of record the Calgary Flames wanted to set.Not only did the team’s 5-0 loss to the St. Louis Blues on Thursday extended their losing streak to six games, but it marked an entirely separate low: the Flames haven’t even held the lead in nearly that entire timeframe. Via @Sportsnet: #Flames pic.twitter.com/9C0jW07dxY— Ryan Pike (@RyanNPike) November 22, 2019The last time Bill Peters’ team held any sort of lead was during their 5-2 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Nov. 7, when Sean Monahan scored a go-ahead goal halfway through the second period.Since then? Six consecutive losses. Calgary has been outscored 23-5 in those games. They have not played even with the score tied since a Nov. 9 game against St. Louis went to overtime (the Flames lost 3-2). The Flames have been shut out in three straight road games for the first time in franchise history. Calgary players reportedly held their second closed-door meeting in the locker room in just eight games after the latest beating, in which team captain Mark Giordano told reporters they offered “just a lot of honesty” to one another.Head coach Peters told reporters on Nov. 5 that the Flames “need more out of some veteran guys” amid their ugly downward trajectory, disappointing for a group that expected to contend as the Western Conference’s team to beat again this season. The team will need to find that “more” soon or face season-defining consequences. After all, a certain team east of Alberta just recently went 400 minutes without holding a lead, and their coach was fired.last_img read more