Irwin backs Shaw

first_img The 19-year-old was made to train on his own after turning up to pre-season out of shape and he was then hit by hamstring and ankle problems. The left-back has started just 12 Premier League games so far, but Irwin is sure the club will start seeing a return on their £28million investment once his injury troubles are over. “I have no doubt he will be a great player for us in years to come,” Irwin told Press Association Sport. “Until he gets a run of games I don’t think you are going to see the quality Luke Shaw can bring to a side. “When he gets that under his belt you will see the best of him. “Hopefully he will stay injury-free for us for the rest of year and get a run of games.” United beat strong competition from Shaw’s boyhood club Chelsea to sign the defender from Southampton last summer. Irwin believes it is unreasonable to expect too much too soon from a player who only made his Premier League debut in November 2012, regardless of how much United paid for him. Denis Irwin remains convinced Luke Shaw will be a big star at Manchester United. Irwin, one of the most decorated defenders in United’s history, tipped Shaw to star for United shortly after he signed for the club, but the teenager has had a mixed maiden campaign so far. Shaw has impressed on a few occasions, but injury has prevented him from fulfilling his potential. Press Association “He has had a big couple of years,” said Irwin, who played 529 times for the club. “He had a couple of years at Southampton, he had a big-money move here and he was involved in a World Cup at just 18-years-old so the spotlight has been on him through no fault of his own. “When you are 19 you will make mistakes and you will learn from them. “I have no doubt he will be getting plenty of advice from the coaches and the manager.” Shaw, who has been suffering from another hamstring injury recently, sat out United’s 3-0 win over Spurs on Sunday. The win tightened United’s grip on fourth place and they now sit just two points behind second-placed Manchester City. Irwin was impressed by the performance against Spurs and he now hopes the team will produce similar performances against their top-four rivals in the coming weeks to secure the Champions League football which they have missed so dearly this term. “It was a big loss for us when we didn’t qualify for the Champions League. It’s been a strange year,” said Irwin, who was part of the team that won the trophy in the most dramatic fashion in 1999. “We have missed Champions League football, I have missed big teams coming here. “There are some big matches coming up in the round of 16. We are not involved and it’s not nice watching. “City go to Barcelona this week and we watch that and wish we were part of it because it’s the best club competition in the world.” :: Denis Irwin was speaking at the launch of bwin Manchester United Casino – the world’s first club-based real money casino app which is available now on Android from bwin.com/manutdcasino and will be available soon on iOS through the App Store. last_img read more

High Expectations…mybet to launch new IT platform on 21 March

first_img Related Articles Share StumbleUpon Flutter strengthens igaming offering with CasinoEngine December 17, 2019 Submit Nearly two years in development and having taken up significant corporate funding, Frankfurt Xetra-listed bookmaker mybet Holdings has announced the upcoming full launch of its in-house developed IT platform.Updating investors, mybet CEO Markus Peuler detailed that the platform would be ‘put into full operation on 21 March’, making it the biggest infrastructure release in mybet’s corporate history.Following a poor full-year 2016 in which mybet governance had to reduce its corporate revenue forecasts and earnings due to a significant decline in player activity, much pressure has been placed on the delivery of the new platform.Throughout 2016, mybet governance had detailed that the delivery of its new platform would help the operator compete within its core European markets.Detailing platform insights, mybet governance stated that the new technology would allow for better convergence of its sportsbook and casino verticals. The platform will be further supported by a new responsive design allowing easier access from mobile devices.Further technical features include a clear search function, a freely adjustable favourites menu and a newly structured bet slip facilitating the navigation through the enhanced mybet offering. mybet development has also improved user journey and interaction features on as player registration and depositing segments.Commenting on the upcoming platform release, Markus Peuler CEO of mybet holdings stated;“The new hard- and software forms the base for a future-proof product offering of mybet. In terms of scope and presentation of the offering our product platform is now absolutely competitive. In addition, the data generated during the introduction phase already show clear improvements in the performance of technical parameters as well as from an economic perspective. We will make every effort to substantiate these promising signals with measurable results in our daily business from 21 March 2017 onwards” mybet returns with Deutsche Eishockey play-off sponsorship March 6, 2020 Share bet-at-home maintains 2020 outlook despite dire opening  May 4, 2020last_img read more