Bibby Offshore CEO Leaves after 25 Years

first_imgBibby Offshore’s chief executive officer has decided to leave the business and pursue new challenges. The company on Monday confirmed that its CEO Howard Woodcock will leave the company after 25 years with Bibby.Howard Woodcock said: “After 25 years with Bibby, more than half of which has been with Bibby Offshore, I now wish to find a fresh challenge. Having successfully brought Bibby Offshore through recapitalization and the change of ownership the business is both in a safe and stable place and growing again so the time is right for me.” Mark Bessell, CEO of Rever Offshore and chairman of Bibby Offshore Holdings, added: “Howard has been instrumental in helping to create a great business in Bibby Offshore for both our customers and employees, I would like to personally thank him for all his contribution and hard work over the past 25 years and wish him the very best  in his future endeavours.” Howard Woodcock became the CEO of Bibby Offshore in 2007, following a number of years spent in other roles in Bibby Line Group.Woodcock holds an MBA from Lancaster University.last_img read more

Barry future may be sorted soon

first_img The 32-year-old England international, a £12million signing from Aston Villa in 2009, will enter the final year of his contract in the summer. Barry has said he would like to extend his stay and even end his career at the Etihad Stadium and with fellow midfielder Yaya Toure tied to a new deal just last week, City manager Roberto Mancini has suggested Barry could be next. When asked about Barry at his latest press conference, the Italian said: “I think we have three or four players in this situation. We will decide this in the next month but these players are important players for us. I am very happy with Gareth because Gareth is a good guy and a serious professional player. He is really serious as a man.” Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry’s future at the club could be determined before the end of the season. Press Associationcenter_img Another player who will only have one year remaining on his contract by the summer is striker Carlos Tevez. Mancini has previously hinted the Argentinian could be offered a one-year extension to his deal. Tevez, who impressed in Monday’s defeat of Manchester United and has scored seven goals in his last seven appearances, is currently training and playing while carrying out community service. The 29-year-old was ordered to undertake 250 hours of unpaid work after being convicted of driving whilst disqualified earlier this month. Mancini claims there has not been any issue balancing his responsibilities. When asked if it could lead to problems, Mancini said: “I don’t think so, no.” Mancini will check on the fitness of two other key players ahead of Sunday’s game at Wembley. Playmaker David Silva was rated highly doubtful immediately after suffering a hamstring injury at Old Trafford but has improved since and has not yet been ruled out. Mancini said: “We will decide, I think, on Sunday morning. We don’t know if it is possible and if there is a risk he will not play, but if there is not then maybe. He is getting better. Yesterday he ran, so I think we have a chance.” Striker Sergio Aguero, who came off the bench to score a superb winner on Monday, is not yet a definite starter as the club manage his return from a knee injury. The manager said: “I don’t think he is fit 100 per cent. If he was he would have played the whole game against United. But now he is getting better and his knee is okay. It could be that he starts.” last_img read more

Arsenal in search of Sanchez tonic at Stoke

first_imgStoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom | AFP | Arsenal head to Stoke City this weekend aiming to register a second victory of the season and divert attention away from continuing questions about the future of Alexis Sanchez.Arsene Wenger’s side kicked off the Premier League campaign in exciting, if not entirely convincing, fashion against Leicester City, coming from behind to register a 4-3 victory thanks to a late Olivier Giroud winner.Sanchez, currently sidelined by an abdominal injury, is out of contract at the end of the season, but despite interest in him from a number of clubs, Wenger would rather lose him for nothing next year than sell him now.“We have to make a choice between efficiency on the field and financial interest and most of the time if you can find a good compromise, it’s better,” said the Arsenal manager.“But in this case, I think I prioritise the fact that he will be useful on the sporting side.”The win over Leicester was the kind of performance that suggested the inconsistencies that dogged Arsenal last term have not gone away.Wenger will hope a repeat of last season’s victory at the bet365 stadium will make a more compelling case for his side to be considered strong title contenders.But their status among the leading clubs will not be confirmed until the transfer window has passed, with Mesut Ozil and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain among the players who are also out of contract at the end of the season.And as far as Wenger is concerned, Sanchez, Ozil and Oxlade-Chamberlain will stay, even if that means they will be allowed to leave for free at the end of the campaign.For now, Wenger’s focus remains on the trip to Stoke, where Arsenal won for the first time in seven attempts last May. Alexis Sanchez– Jese debut –“We had a convincing win there and that should inspire us,” said the Frenchman.“I don’t believe in bogey teams too much. We had a good performance last season and we have to focus on that, just to deal with the same performance.“Stoke have a good record at home against many teams and I’m convinced that if we play our game, we have a good chance of winning.”Stoke began their testing early-season schedule with a 1-0 defeat at Everton last weekend.Saturday’s meeting with Arsenal is followed by a trip to West Bromwich Albion and a home game against Manchester United.Manager Mark Hughes can at least call upon new signing Jese Rodriguez this weekend after the Spanish striker completed a season-long loan move from Paris Saint-Germain.“I have never had an opportunity like this here so I am very happy to have the chance to show what I can do,” said Jese, who failed to impose himself at PSG after signing from Real Madrid last year.“I want to work hard and help the team. I have chosen Stoke because it is a team that wants to grow and evolve in the Premier League and to reach the European spots.“I feel we have got the right players to reach those objectives and to inspire the Stoke City fans.”Share on: WhatsApplast_img read more