Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A Rocky Point man arrested for driving while impaired by drugs committed suicide Wednesday while in police custody, Suffolk County police said.Homicide detectives have launched an investigation into the man’s death after he was found hanging in a holding cell around 7 p.m. Wednesday, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.The 27-year-old man, who police didn’t identify, was initially arrested for driving while ability impaired by drugs, resisting arrest and obstruction of governmental administration just before noon on Wednesday.He was transported to the Seventh Precinct to be held overnight for arraignment, police said.
- Pret hits the road with porridge and rice pots
- String Cheese Wraps Up Montana Run With Beatles, Johnny Cash Covers & More
- Frank Viele Had Hometown Fans Capture His Concert Footage For This Exciting New Video [Premiere]
- Role of stress in health disparities explored
- Video Odds & Ends: Josh Groban Gets Juicy & More