Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A 51-year-old woman was killed when a car crossed into the opposite lane of traffic and crashed head-on into her SUV in her hometown of Westbury on Presidents’ Day.Nassau County police said a 22-year-old man was driving his BMW sedan northbound on Salisbury Park Drive when he crashed into a southbound BMW SUV driven by Maria Duarte near the corner of St. Paul’s Street at 10:35 p.m. Monday.Duarte was taken to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The man was hospitalized in serious condition.Homicide Squad detectives impounded the vehicles for safety checks and are continuing the investigation.
- Ingles bakery set to close stores in London and Essex
- Watch Warren Haynes Lead Opening Night Of The Last Waltz 40th Anniversary Tribute Tour
- South Korea to build 4GW of solar and offshore wind
- India’s Andhra Pradesh state government readies 10GW tender for new solar capacity
- Biking in Frederick County, MD