Karim Benzema insists he is “not afraid” of missing out on Euro 2016 despite being embroiled in the ongoing blackmail case involving fellow France international Mathieu Valbuena.Real Madrid striker Benzema was interviewed by police in France on November 5 about an alleged attempt to extort money over a sex tape reportedly showing Valbuena and his partner.Benzema has denied playing a blackmail ‘game’, and his lawyers have insisted he has committed no wrongdoing.In an interview with broadcaster TF1, aired on Sunday morning, the 27-year-old said he retains the support of France boss Didier Deschamps and he “dreams of playing” in next summer’s tournament on French soil alongside Valbuena.“It is my wish and that of many people. (Valbuena) is a good player, France needs him, like me,” said Benzema.“I am not afraid (of not playing in the Euros). I got a message when (Deschamps) gave the selection. He is behind me, supporting me.” Real Madrid and France striker Karim Benzema 1
- Ocean City Housing Authority Awaits New Board Members
- Children’s Minister Tracey Martin wants online pornography to be regulated
- Franklin County engineer steps down amid ‘Community Crossings’ questions
- Linkenhoker leads the way in Virginia Sprint Series opener
- GBA gets support from COURTS Guyana Inc.