Irish wicketkeeper-batsman Niall O’Brien had allegedly broken the glass door of the dressing room at Chinnaswamy Stadium after being run out for 46 against India on Sunday. The Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) on Tuesday confirmed that Niall had struck the entry door to the dressing room with his bat which damaged its lower part. The matter was brought to the notice of the Irish team management and the KSCA sought Rs 25,000 damages from Niall. However, reports suggested that the issue was resolved amicably. The dismissal of Niall had dealt a heavy blow to the Irish hopes in the interesting match as at that stage he, along with captain William Porterfield, had put on 113 runs for the third wicket. Interestingly, Niall — brother of record-breaker Kevin — had on Monday claimed to have lost six of his bats from the dressing room. In fact, Yuvraj Singh then got in touch with the Irish player offering assistance and bats. In a complaint lodged with Cubbon Park police station on Monday Niall had told police that he found his bag containing six bats missing after he reached hotel from the stadium after the match.
- Concern at no Ability Programme funding allocation in Donegal
- Dell Technologies helps Schools Across the US Erase E-Waste
- Woman accuses Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner of holding ‘WTF’ paper
- Belingon gets ONE title rematch vs Fernandes in Singapore
- Bert Bowes boys volleyball results from Jr. Provincials