Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa will watch the ICC World Cup final match between the island nation and hosts India in Mumbai on April 2.Rajapaksa would be the second leader from the neighbouring countries to visit India to watch a World Cup 2011 match after Pakistan Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani, who enjoyed his team’s semi-final match against India in Mohali on Wednesday on the invitation of his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh.Confirming Rajapaksa’s visit to India his spokesman Bandula Jayasekera said the president wanted Sri Lanka to win the World Cup as a tribute to spin wizard Muttiah Muralitharan, who retires from international cricket after the event.Rajapaksa had enjoyed Lankan team’s semi-final match against New Zealand in Colombo on Tuesday along with his three sons. He had even visited the Caribbean when Sri Lanka reached the finals of the 2007 World Cup with Australia.
- 5 additional deaths, more than 100 new cases reported by ISDH
- Colombian Cocaine Traffic Now Carried by Homemade Submarines
- Gunman wounds 6, takes hostages at shopping mall
- Why Warriors-Nuggets game will likely determine No. 1 seed
- 49ers’ Jimmy G and Cardinals pass rusher engage in hijinks two days before big game