Disgraceful Windies surrender again … Suffer yet another whitewash on Pakistan tour after ODI hammering

first_imgABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates (CMC): West Indies were in full-blown crisis yesterday after Babar Azam slammed a record third successive One-Day International 100 to condemn them to a 136-run defeat as Pakistan pulled off an emphatic 3-0 series whitewash and sent the Caribbean side tumbling to number nine in the international rankings. The 21-year-old right-hander carved out 117 off 106 balls, while captain and opener Azhar Ali stroked 101 from 109 deliveries, two innings that powered Pakistan to 308 for six in the third and final ODI at the Sheikh Stayed Stadium – the first time in three years Pakistan surpassed 300 twice in a series. In the process, Babar became only the second batsman after South African Quinton de Kock to hit centuries in each game of a three-match ODI series and the third Pakistan player to score three successive ODI hundreds after Zaheer Abbas and Saeed Anwar. Not for the first time in the series, a lacklustre West Indies never rose to the challenge and crumbled for an embarrassing 172 all out off 44 overs. Wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin top-scored with a painstaking 37 off 70 deliveries, while opener Kraigg Brathwaite got 32 from 44 balls, and captain Jason Holder, 26 from 25 balls. They were 75 for one in the 18th over, but with the required run rate already building towards seven per over, no one stepped up to produce the innings needed, and the last nine wickets crashed for 97 runs. West Indies have now lost every game of the tour following on from their 3-0 whitewash in the preceding Twenty20 series, leaving their tour in turmoil ahead of the three-match Test series starting later this month. The defeat also saw them slip out of the top eight in the ODI rankings, with Pakistan replacing them. Opting to bat first, Pakistan benefitted from an 85-run opening stand between Sharjeel Khan and Azhar, who finally found the form he craved to lash his third ODI hundred. Azhar struck eight fours and a six in a lively knock, while the enterprising left-handed Sharjeel gathered 38 from 41 deliveries with five boundaries. Once Sharjeel holed out in the deep in the 15th over off left-arm spinner Sulieman Benn, Azhar and Babar took the game by the scruff of its neck in a demoralising 147-run second-wicket stand. Azhar reached his half-century off 61 deliveries in the 20th over with a single to mid-wicket off off-spinner Sunil Narine and then required another 46 balls to raise three figures in the 38th over. Babar, meanwhile, with knocks of 120 and 123 in the first two games in Sharjah, extended his superb nick, racing to his first 50 off 48 deliveries before reaching his century off 95 balls in the 44th over. Azhar was eventually bowled by Holder in the 39th over, missing a swing at a slower ball, and Babar followed in the 46th over, bowled by a full-length delivery from slow medium Kieron Pollard as he failed to connect with an improvised stroke. In reply, West Indies at no stage looked the part. Brathwaite and debutant Evin Lewis put on 45 off 56 balls for the first wicket but neither really threatened.last_img read more

GORTAHORK MAN ‘GIVEN A CHANCE’ AFTER PAYING €1,500 TO ASSAULT VICTIM

first_imgA Gortahork man has been “given a chance” after being ordered to pay €1,500 to a man he assaulted.Martin MaguireMartin Maguire of Ardsbeg, Gortahork, appeared at Letterkenny Circuit Court in relation to assault causing harm to Andrew Sweeney at Magheraclogher, Bunbeg on October 27, 2008. Maguire pleaded guilty to the charge before Judge Francis Comerford yesterday.Judge Comerford imposed a three month prison sentence, but said he would suspend the sentence if Maguire paid over the compensation.He said Maguire had been “given a chance” because he had gone to work in England in order to raise money for compensation.The accused man handed over €1,000 of the compensation to the court and has a week to hand over another €500 if the prison sentence is not to imposed.He agreed to sign a bond to be of good behaviour.GORTAHORK MAN ‘GIVEN A CHANCE’ AFTER PAYING €1,500 TO ASSAULT VICTIM was last modified: May 6th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:assaultdonegalMartin Maguirelast_img read more

Top Stories

first_img Top Stories The 5: Takeaways from the Coyotes’ introduction of Alex Meruelo Comments   Share   Former Cardinals kicker Phil Dawson retires Grace expects Greinke trade to have emotional impactcenter_img Fight Night: Week 6.NFL.com writer Adam Schein broke down some of the top feuds in the NFL entering the 2015 season, placing the rift between Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians and the Pittsburgh Steelers sixth.No matter how you spin it, Mike Tomlin and the Steelers let Arians go. And now, Arians is a two-time Coach of the Year and arguably a better head coach than Tomlin. In fact, personally, I’d take Arians over Tomlin.Arians is in a fantastic position in Arizona, but you know he still holds a grudge — and he should. Don’t think that it won’t be personal when the Cardinals visit the Steelers in Week 6. And you know what? The Cardinals are in better shape than the Steelers heading into 2015.Arians was with the Pittsburgh Steelers from 2004-11, serving as the offensive coordinator starting in 2007. He then “retired,” eventually taking over as offensive coordinator (and later interim head coach) of the Indianapolis Colts in 2012. He was hired as head coach by the Cardinals that following offseason.He led Arizona to an 11-5 record and a playoff berth in 2014.Tomlin has taken the Steelers to the Super Bowl twice in his tenure as head coach, winning Super Bowl XLIII against the Cardinals with Arians as his offensive coordinator.Pittsburgh went 11-5 last season before being eliminated in the Divisional Round of the playoffs by the Baltimore Ravens. Derrick Hall satisfied with D-backs’ buying and sellinglast_img read more

Fast Charging Comparison Audi etron Mercedes EQC Jaguar IPACE

first_img Fastned Temporarily Shuts Down 175 kW Chargers With Liquid Cooled Cables Audi E-Tron Electric SUV Charges At Sustained 150-kW Rate Audi sets the bar for fast charging at 150 kW and there is no contenderThe three latest premium all-electric SUVs/crossovers – Jaguar I-PACE, Audi e-tron (sales to begin imminently) and Mercedes-Benz EQC (technically pre-production version) showed interesting differences at the 175 kW fast charger tests performed by Fastned.The results below could be very important for those who will often take long journeys – we would not be surprised by a difference of half hour between charging to 80%. Sadly, we don’t have data for Tesla Model X, because its full potential at Superchargers is constrained at Fastned’s station by the CHAdeMO adapters to just 50 kW. We will probably not get any new data for new models in quite some time as the 175 kW units were temporarily shut down.More fast charging news Mercedes-Benz EQC – 80 kWh battery, peak at around 110 kW (up to 1.4C)The upcoming Mercedes-Benz EQC fits between the e-tron and I-PACE with 110 kW of peak charging power, but as you can see, the charging power decreases already at 40% state-of-charge.“The charge speed is up to 110 kW at our 175 kW fast chargers and up to 50 kW at our other chargers. In the charge curve below you can see the charge speed at both chargers. On average the EQC charges 100 km in 15 – 30 minutes. At a 175 kW charger the charge speed will slowly drop as of 40%. At a 50 kW charger this happens as of 90%.” Audi e-tron – 95 kWh battery, peak at around 150 kW (up to 1.6C)First of all, the e-tron is so far in a class all its own because not only does it achieve the highest level of 150 kW, but also sustains the peak level over a wide state-of-charge window.Together with 11 kW and 22 kW (optional) on-board three-phase chargers, the e-tron is currently #1 in terms of charging options.“The charge speed is up to 150 kW at our 175 kW fast chargers and up to 50 kW at our other chargers. In the charge curve below you can see the charge speed at both chargers. On average the e-tron charges 100 km in 10 – 30 minutes. At a 175 kW charger the charge speed will slowly drop as of 80%. At a 50 kW charger this happens only at 98%.” Hyundai KONA Electric Charges At Up To 72 kW Source: Electric Vehicle News Jaguar I-PACE – 90 kWh battery, peak at around 85 kW (up to 0.95C)The Jaguar I-PACE, on the other hand, dropped the ball a little bit with 85 kW max, but maybe it will improve with some updates or next model year.The issue is also with quickly decreasing power from around 50% SOC.“The charge speed is up to 85 kW at our 175 kW fast chargers and 50 kW at our other chargers. In the charge curve below you can see the charge speed of the I-PACE at both chargers. On average the I-PACE charges 100 km in 15 – 30 minutes. At a 175 kW charger the charge speed will slowly drop as of 50%. At a 50 kW charger this happens as of 80%.We understood that the I-PACE may receive a software update in Q1 2019 to enable fast charging up to 100 kW. Please check with your Jaguar dealer for more information.”At 100 kW, the I-PACE charging rate will be up to 1.1C, still behind the EQC.Source: Fastned Author Liberty Access TechnologiesPosted on January 27, 2019Categories Electric Vehicle Newslast_img read more