He assured that the government would make a decision soon, saying the education sector would be the last to be reopened after the implementation of large-scale social restrictions (PSBB).”Compared to other sectors, education will be the last. Given the unmeasured risks, we can’t calculate [the exact date] just yet.”President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo previously suggested to delay the start of the school year, as allowing schools to reopen their campuses as scheduled would be a great risk to the country’s education, tribunnews.com reported on Sunday. The ministry’s deputy coordinator of education and religious affairs, Agus Sartono, said the ministry had considered allowing students to return to campus in late August or early September.”But the end of December is better […] We don’t want to be like France and South Korea. They reopened their schools too early and many students were exposed [to COVID-19],” he said.The Jakarta Education Agency previously planned to reopen schools on July 13, in line with the government’s academic calendar. The plan, however, had to take into account the central government’s policies and each school’s preparations in curbing COVID-19 transmission. According to agency head Nahdiana, authorities have formulated three different scenarios for students returning to school. The first option is to reopen some schools and allow all of their students to attend, the second is to reopen several schools and only allow half of their students on campus and the third option is to reopen all schools while requiring some students to study from home. The government is mulling over plans to reopen school campuses by the end of the year or at the beginning of 2021, after students were required to study from home in the final few months of the school year to remains safe from the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the government’s official academic calendar, the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year is slated for July 13. However, it may order schools to reopen for on-campus activities in late December at the earliest — if the pandemic shows signs of receding. “That’s just an estimation. According to our calendar, [the new school year starts] in mid-July, but I won’t recommend [students going back to campus],” Coordinating Human Development and Culture Minister Muhadjir Effendy said in a statement on Monday.Read also: Ministry suggests shorter school hours as part of ‘new normal’ Topics :
DEME’s offshore marine engineering subsidiary GeoSea has received the ‘Notice to Proceed’ for fabrication and offshore installation of 16 wind turbine foundations and 1 offshore transformer module (OTM) for the EnBW Albatros offshore wind farm.The Albatros offshore wind farm is located in the so-called “exclusive economic zone” of the North Sea, in the immediate vicinity of the EnBW wind farms Hohe See and He Dreiht, approximately 90 km north of the island of Borkum in the German North Sea. The project will cover an area of around 11 square kilometers with water depths of up to 40 meters and will feature 16 turbines of type Siemens SWT-7.0-154 with a total installed capacity of 112 megawatts.The design of the offshore foundations for the Albatros wind farm is based on monopole and transition piece foundations. Fabrication of the foundations is foreseen in 2017/2018 whilst offshore installation will take place in 2018 together with the offshore installation of the EnBW Hohe See offshore wind farm.Christopher Iwens, general manager of DEME’s German subsidiaries: “We see the award of the Albatros project as a recognition by our Clients of our continuous strive for efficiency and synergies in the execution of projects. Our presence in Germany also strengthens our relationships with all our German partners and as offshore foundation specialist we are proud to support Siemens in the entry to the German offshore wind market with the Siemens Offshore Transformer Module (OTM). The Albatros contract gives continuity to our project portfolio in Germany and will be handled by our local project team of experts from our regional offices in Bremen.”
Just hours after being charged on six counts of felony drug-related charges Wednesday, the Ripley County chief deputy sheriff bonded out of jail.David Pippin was charged with Acquiring a Controlled Substance by Deceit, after investigators say he filled prescriptions for Hydrocodone from five separate doctors in a two year period without disclosing that he was already prescribed.“He turned himself immediately into the Ripley County Jail after being notified there had been a warrant issued in this investigation today,” explained Ripley County Sheriff Tom Grills. Pippin has been placed on administrative leave with pay, pending an internal investigation.The charges came as a surprise to Sheriff Grills, who administered a 12-panel drug screen to his employees a few months ago.“I had drug tested every employee in my office on September 17,” said Grills. “And everybody passed, Dave Pippin passed.”Chief Deputy Pippin has been employed with the Ripley County Sheriff’s Office since 1995 and has not received any disciplinary actions, the sheriff added.An investigation into Pippin’s alleged prescription drug use was launched after his former sister-in-law notified Indiana State Police. Court documents also revealed that doctor’s office and pharmacy records were used to verify it.According to Ripley County Prosecutor Ric Hertel, doctors would not have prescribed Pippin had they known he was already receiving the hydrocodone prescriptions.“He did not disclose this information to doctor’s that were prescribing him,” Hertel said.Pippin filled prescriptions for 494 hydrocodone pills in a 55-day period in 2012, and 2,825 from August 2011 to July 2012, according to the court affidavit.An initial hearing has not been set. If the case goes to trial, Hertel stated that it could be relocated to a different county.
COURTS Guyana Inc., the country’s largest furniture and appliance store, yesterday became the latest corporate entity to align itself with the Guyana Boxing Association’s (GBA) 2019 Caribbean Schoolboys and Juniors Boxing tournament.The event, scheduled for August 16-18 at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall, should see participation from approximately 10 countries, with Trinidad and Tobago, Cayman Islands, Dominica, St Lucia and Barbados already confirming.At a simple presentation at COURTS’ Main Street location, Brand Manager Odetta Aaron said the company sees its involvement in sports as an investment into the lives and careers of the country’s youths, and given the popularity of boxing, the entity is more than pleased to be associated.Aaron also stressed that COURTS is no stranger to supporting boxing, and its contribution this year will only see the company building a longer relationship with the GBA.Steve Ninvalle, president of GBA, thanked Aaron and COURTS for continuing to be a loyal corporate partner of the association.