T20 Pakistan tour ‘off the table’

first_imgA proposed West Indies tour to Pakistan for two Twenty20 Internationals in mid-March is off the table according to ESPNcricinfo.The report said the West Indies Cricket (WICB) rejected the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) proposal for the tour after receiving advice on security from the Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations (FICA).The two boards, however, continue to discuss the possibility of two T20 internationals in Florida on March 19 and 20, ESPNcricinfo said.It is understood, ESPNcricino said, that earlier this week, the West Indies Players Association wrote to FICA seeking advice on the current security situation in Pakistan. FICA reportedly gave WIPA the latest security advisory from its security consultants, Eastern Star International, who provide security for various international boards, including the Cricket Australia, New Zealand Cricket and the International Cricket Council.In the report, FICA warned that the risk level in Pakistan remains “at an extremely elevated state” and that “an acceptable level of participant security and safety cannot be expected or guaranteed”.last_img read more

COUNCILLOR SAYS HE IS ‘UPSET AND DISTRAUGHT’ AT BOMB ATTACK ON HIS HOME

first_imgCouncillor John O’Donnell has said he is “upset and distraught” at the bomb attack on his Downings home today.The businessman and newly-elected county councillor has issued a statement to Donegal Daily on the shocking incident.An official spokesperson said “A spokesperson for the John O’Donnell campaign has outlined to Donegal Daily that John is extremely upset and distraught at this outrageous attack on democracy. “The matter is now with the Gardai and we are satisfied that the Gardai will successfully conclude their investigations.”Cllr O’Donnell is believed to have been very shaken by the incident.Independent John O’Donnell after being elected to Donegal County Council in May.A spokesman for the Army Press Office confirmed the device was a viable device which was made safe at the scene by the Explosive Ordnance Disposal team.A number of houses had to be evacuated as a matter of safety. All the components of the bomb have now been handed over to Gardai as part of their investigation. COUNCILLOR SAYS HE IS ‘UPSET AND DISTRAUGHT’ AT BOMB ATTACK ON HIS HOME was last modified: August 15th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more