Read also: Key points of labor reform in omnibus bill on job creation: What we know so far“We’ve called the Pulo Gadung district police and they said the police did not receive any plans for a protest at our secretariat,” she said, adding that the police should investigate the incident and uncover the perpetrators.Neither the chief of the spokesperson for the East Jakarta Police responded immediately to a request for comment when contacted by the Post.The government considers the bill on job creation to be essential as it has been struggling to attract foreign investment to help improve economic growth. If passed, the omnibus bill would amend about 1,200 articles in more than 80 prevailing laws, including the Labor Law, which have been blamed for hampering investment in the country.Labor unions, however, rejected the bill after rumors surfaced that it would reduce severance payments, enforce an hourly pay system to replace the minimum wage and eliminate sanctions against companies that fail to provide health insurance.The government has set up a team comprising government officials, businesspeople and labor representatives and tasked it with coordinating deliberations and public consultations over the omnibus bill following the rejection by the unions.According to Coordinating Economic Ministerial Regulation No. 121/2020, the ministry set up on Feb. 7 a team of 14 labor representatives, 12 business representatives and 19 government officials.Confederation of Indonesian Trade Unions president Said Iqbal, however, told the Post that the newly formed team did not involve the labor groups much and instead had a tendency to divide them. (mpr)Topics : Congress Alliance of Indonesian Labor Unions (KASBI) chairwoman Nining Elitos called an unscheduled protest, which was held at the union’s secretariat, an “act of terror” against them. The unions firmly reject the controversial omnibus bill on job creation.An unknown group of people staged the protest without any prior notice at the KASBI secretariat in Pulo Gadung district, East Jakarta, on Monday.The protesters, who arrived by public minivan at about 9 a.m., briefly spoke about the omnibus bill before they started burning tires and demanding KASBI be dissolved, according to Nining. “This is an act of terror against our unions. We believe that this [protest] occurred because of our stance on the omnibus bill,” she told The Jakarta Post on Monday.She alleged that the unknown protesters are supporters of the omnibus bill and were there to intimidate the unions.“If they were talking about the omnibus bill, it indicates that they could be supporters of the bill. However, we’re not completely sure either,” she said.She added that there were no police officers at the scene during the protest and the Pulo Gadung district police did not receive any information regarding the demonstration.
The Blog, Weekly Update On Monday, Governor Wolf was joined by families, advocates, and lawmakers to celebrate the one-year anniversary of legalizing medical marijuana in Pennsylvania.Making sure that all Pennsylvanians have access to healthcare is a priority for Governor Wolf. This week, the governor joined Planned Parenthood Federation of America President Cecile Richards to host a discussion on the importance of ensuring access to women’s healthcare programs and the devastating effects proposed federal cuts would have on these services. Governor Wolf also released a statement of support for advocates who gathered in Harrisburg to rally for the protection of women’s health services.In January 2016, Governor Wolf launched the “It’s On Us PA” campaign to address and combat sexual assault on college campuses. On Tuesday, Governor Wolf hosted a press conference to announced six new pieces of proposed legislation that will continue and strengthen the fight against sexual violence in Pennsylvania.On Friday, Governor Wolf hosted an event with the Department of Banking and Securities and the Department of Aging to encourage seniors to protect themselves from financial fraud.Governor Wolf’s Week, April 16, 2017 – April 22, 2017Monday, 4/17/17Governor Wolf Announces State Clean Energy Grant InvestmentGovernor Wolf, Families, Advocates Celebrate One-Year Anniversary of Legalizing Medical MarijuanaGovernor Tom Wolf and First Lady Frances Wolf Join Pre-K for PA to Host Easter Egg Hunt at the Governor’s Residence, Highlight the Need to Invest in High-Quality Early Childhood EducationTuesday, 4/18/17Governor Wolf Urges Congress to Support Miners Protection ActUpdated: Governor Wolf’s Statement on Pennsylvania State Police Pursuit of Steve StephensGovernor Wolf Statement on Capitol Rally to Protect Women’s Health ServicesGovernor Wolf Announces “It’s On Us PA” LegislationWednesday, 4/19/17Governor Wolf Announces $39 Million Investment in Water Infrastructure Projects in Nine CountiesWolf Administration Statement Opposing Senate Bill 383Governor Wolf Statement on Eric Frein ConvictionThursday, 4/20/17Governor Wolf Announces Opening of First of 29 Compressed Natural Gas Fueling Stations Under Public Private PartnershipsGovernor Wolf Encourages Teens to Enroll in State Police Summer CampGovernor Wolf and Planned Parenthood Federation of America President Cecile Richards Hold Roundtable to Discuss Devastating Effects of Proposed Federal Funding CutsFriday, 4/21/17Governor Wolf Urges Seniors to Protect Themselves Against Financial FraudGovernor Wolf Announces 79 Projects to Receive DEP Environmental Education GrantsHighlights from The BlogMedical Marijuana One-Year Anniversary Celebrates People and ProgressWhat Medicaid Means to Xavier’s FamilyHighlights from TwitterThank you to the brave @PAStatePolice troopers for their vigilance in pursuing the Facebook killer. Thankful no one in PA was hurt. https://t.co/GN5i6jkcuI— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) April 18, 2017 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter April 21, 2017 Governor Wolf’s Week, April 16, 2017 – April 22, 2017 By: The Office of Governor Tom Wolf Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf Medical marijuana legalization is changing PA families’ lives. Retweet to show support for this important program. pic.twitter.com/YCYsJ0H1Ac— Governor Tom Wolf (@GovernorTomWolf) April 17, 2017
Rushville, In. — A student from the Benjamin Rush Middle School in Rushville recently won the State Final Indoor BMX title. Aedan Muench-Bender finished fourth in points for the year, improving from fifth place last year.The race was held at the Steelwheels BMX Track in Hobart.Bender plans to attend Marian University where they have BMX team and hopefully go pro in the future.
MLB hot stove: Mets, Mariners deal for Robinson Cano, Edwin Diaz official The Mets may not be finished making trades.New York is talking with the Marlins about a potential deal for catcher J.T. Realmuto, according to a report from The Athletic, which cites unidentified league sources. The teams are engaged in serious discussions, the report says. The Marlins are asking for at least one controllable major-league asset as the centerpiece of the package they receive in return for Realmuto, according to the report. New York could include Brandon Nimmo, Michael Conforto or Amed Rosario in the deal.#Marlins want at least one controllable major-league asset as centerpiece for Realmuto. #Mets have Conforto/Nimmo/Rosario, but would need to replace whoever they traded in FA market or other deals. Teams engaged. NYM aggressive. https://t.co/j1fpxsCNEl— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 4, 2018New York is “pushing hard” to acquire Realmuto and the sides continue to negotiate, according to a separate report from The Athletic. Related News The 27-year-old Realmuto registered a .277/.340/.484 slash line and made his first All-Star team in 2018. He also hit 21 home runs and tallied 74 RBIs.The Mets officially acquired infielder Robinson Cano and hard-throwing closer Edwin Diaz from the Mariners last week in exchange for five players, including outfielder Jay Bruce as well as top prospects Jarred Kelenic and Justin Dunn. MLB trade rumors: Mets have spoken with Indians about Corey Kluber #Mets are pushing hard for #Marlins Realmuto but package will be much stronger than just Nimmo according to sources on both sides— Jim Bowden (@JimBowdenGM) December 5, 2018#Marlins asking price for Realmuto from #Mets has been Conforto and Rosario ++….too steep for #Mets…..they’ll do Nimmo + but so far not enuf for #Marlins ….as talks continue…— Jim Bowden (@JimBowdenGM) December 5, 2018First-year Mets general manager Brodie Van Wagenen addressed the trade rumors surrounding his team and Realmuto in an interview Tuesday with SiriusXM Radio.“For us to move Major League pieces, especially core guys that will have the opportunity to play for our team for many years to come, it is always going to be a big burden or big challenge for us to move those guys,” Van Wagenen said. “(But) we’ve got to be open minded. We have to be willing to explore anything and not rule anything out.“We’ve got a little bit of flexibility (at catcher), but if we had a chance to get another guy that could impact the middle of our lineup, whatever position he plays, we’d be foolish not to explore it.”
Wanda EatonWanda “Granda” Eaton, of Wellington, died Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at in Wellington at the age of 70.Wanda was born the daughter of Thelma Maye (White) and Robert Eaton on Â January 22, 1943 in Wichita.Survivors include daughter, Tonya Acosta of Wellington, sister, Linda Smith and her husband Carl of Wellington, grandson, Tomas Ruben Acosta and his companion Elaine Rausch of Haysville, great- grandchildren, Isahia Acosta and Sophia Marie Acosta both of Haysville, numerous nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews and numerous loved ones.She was preceded in death by her parents, sister Lydia Bollock, children Jimmy Dale Rodgers and Lottie Mae Abernathy.Wanda was a loving mother, friend and giver. She was a professional dog groomer and was notable women in Texas for dog grooming. She made one of a kind handcrafted wind chimes.Memorial services for Wanda will take place at 2:00 pm. Tuesday May, 14, 2013 in the Day Funeral Home chapel, 1030 Mission Rd. Wellington.Memorials have been established in her loving memory with Wellington Humane Society, Box 494, Wellington 67152. Contributions can be mailed or left with the funeral home.To share a memory or leave condolences, please visit www.dayfuneralhome.info.Arrangements are by Day Funeral Home & Crematory, Wellington.
Share on: WhatsApp Paris, France | AFP | Money flooded into sport in 2016 faster than ever before and flooded out in the shape of fatter salaries for the stars who have become multi-million business brands.Paul Pogba’s world record transfer to Manchester United set the tone for a year of big money deals that handed the French 23-year-old wealth beyond the dreams of most of his Old Trafford fans.But even Pogba has got a long way to go to catch up with gold-plated stars like Barcelona’s Lionel Messi and his Real Madrid rival Cristiano Ronaldo, the world’s highest paid athlete according to Forbes, who banks just short of $1.7 million (1.6 million euros, £1.4 million) a week in salary and endorsements.Pogba’s five-year contract to join United may have raised eyebrows among football fans and critics but top-flight managers and sports business insiders had already priced-in mega transfer inflation.The explosion of TV rights made the Pogba contract possible, flooding the coffers of the English Premier League, making a mockery of economic austerity and the jobless queues.And the tide of high finance in sport did not stop there. TV income rose 40 percent for Germany’s Bundesliga while the US NBA enjoyed a vintage financial year and Formula One motor racing attracted a multi-billion dollar US takeover bid.Three years after Welshman Gareth Bale set a world record transfer figure of 101 million euros (around £80 million) for his move to Real Madrid, Pogba upped the ante with his 105 million-euro transfer to Manchester in August despite his failing to set sparks flying for France in Euro 2016.Former Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson told the Daily Mail that the moment the £8.3 billion ($10.75 billion, 9.6 billion euros) domestic TV deal covering 2016-2019 was signed between the Premier League and Sky Sports and BT Sport, “transfer values and salaries were going to go up.”– Star power – The result was not long in coming. Premier League clubs spent 1.38 billion euros during the 2016 summer transfer market window, 34 percent up on the previous year.The British game’s star power also spilled over into foreign markets, where broadcast rights sell to the highest bidder. The biggest deal to date was signed in November with Chinese video streaming service PPTV for 600 million euros.Elsewhere in Europe the Bundesliga cashed in hugely with a TV deal worth 3.48 billion euros over the next three years, a near 40 percent jump on the past year.If economic hardship tightened the purse strings somewhat in some other parts of Europe, the cash flowed thick and fast in basketball in the United States, where TV income tripled and the sport generated global revenue of $5.2 billion (4.8 billion euros) with operating profit of $900 million, a record, according to Forbes.At the same time, NBA clubs saw their value rise by an average 13 percent with the New York Knicks topping the financial league at $3 billion.With TV income up sharply since last year — and slightly higher than Premier League levels — NBA clubs are pushing up salaries, with LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers seeing his $23 million dollar paycheck boosted to $30.9 million for the 2016/17 season.Formula One was also a big winner in the financial stakes. The sport deemed to be in severe decline still managed to attract the high rollers with US firm Liberty Media, run by billionaire John Malone, buying out F1’s parent company in a deal which values the sport at $8 billion.Formula One is gambling on gaining more exposure worldwide, including in the United States, hoping to generate an even wider revenue stream in the future. Logically, that will translate as even more money in the bank for the big stars.