MANILA – A Quezon City court hasordered the arrest of former senator Antonio Trillanes IV and 10 others chargedwith conspiracy to commit sedition over the release of a video linkingPresident Rodrigo Duterte and his family to the illegal drug trade. Aside from Trillanes, arrest warrantswere also issued against Peter Joemel “Bikoy” Advincula, Fr. FlavianoVillanueva, Fr. Albert Alejo, Boom Enriquez, Yoly Ong-Villanueva, JonnellSanggalang, JM Saracho, Eduardo Acierto, Vicente Romano, and a certain“Monique.”But prosecutors said they will consider making Advincula a state witness.The case stemmed from allegations made by Advincula that members of theopposition plotted to discredit the Duterte administration by linking thePresident and his family to the illegal drug trade.In the video, Advincula tagged Duterte’s son Paolo, son-in-law Manases Carpio,and long-time aide and now senator Christopher Go in the drug trade but latertook back all his claims, saying the opposition had put him up to it./PN The controversial “Ang TotoongNarcolist” video was released during the 2019 midterm elections. Quezon City Metropolitan TrialCourt-Branch 138;s Judge Kristine Suarez released the arrest warrant yesterday.
- Feel the tranquillity in this Gold Coast property
- Dutch survey: In-house asset management gets boost
- Starting quarterback to remain a mystery until Penn State game
- Michigan State celebrates on Carrier Dome floor after Elite Eight win over Louisville
- Study says film tax credits have no economic benefits