Derrick Persaud was on Friday fined $20,000 by Magistrate Leron Daly after he appeared in the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts charged with simple larceny.Persaud confessed to the crime. He admitted that on July 5, 2018, he stole one Gillet deodorant valued $1280; property of Bounty Supermarket.On Friday, he told the court that he had gotten out of a city hospital where he was a patient for a period and needed the deodorant.According to the Police, the man is a known character to the Police and he was arraigned on previous occasions for similar charges.Persaud was fined $20,000. Failure to pay the fine will result in three months imprisonment.
- Oh, sister: Venus Williams beats Serena at Indian Wells
- ‘Liberia in 1932, Photographed by Paul Julien’
- Bert Bowes boys volleyball results from Jr. Provincials
- Questionable index studying broadband shows U.S. slipping
- TICKETS SALES FOR DONEGAL’S ALL-IRELAND QUALIFIER POOR – AS FANS VOTE WITH THEIR FEET