Photos! See Frankie J. Grande Hit You With His Best Shot in Rock of Ages

first_img Rock of Ages Show Closed This production ended its run on Jan. 18, 2015 Related Shows View Comments Social media maven Frankie J. Grande is back on Broadway in Rock of Ages, and we’ve got a first look at the star in action! Grande plays German real-estate developer Franz (who has a secret dream of opening a candy store) in the hit ‘80s jukebox musical, and judging by these exclusive photos, the Big Brother star feels right at home in his new acid-wash jeans. Check out these photos of Grande channelling his inner rock star, then see him in Rock of Ages at the Helen Hayes Theatre through January 18, 2015!last_img

US Government Donates New Batch of Ventilators to Honduras

first_imgBy U.S. Embassy in Honduras August 18, 2020 The U.S. government, through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), donated an additional 160 ventilators on July 31 to support Honduras’ response to the COVID-19 crisis.The ventilators, produced in the United States, are highly specialized medical equipment and an essential resource for treating intensive care patients, to help them breathe while they fight against the virus. In addition, USAID is providing the necessary professional training needed for the proper use of the 210 ventilators donated so far.USAID is also funding the construction of virology labs in Cortés, La Ceiba, and Copán to expand COVID-19 testing capabilities and isolate infected people in time. USAID works with the Ministry of Education to benefit around 1.6 million students nationwide with resources for distance learning, and has collaborated in the development and implementation of biosecurity protocols, so that essential businesses can continue working without putting their employees’ or customers’ health at risk.For more than half a century, the United States has been the main contributor to worldwide health and humanitarian assistance. These ventilators are an example of the U.S. spirit of solidarity, as we continue the fight against COVID-19 together with our sister nations around the world.USAID is the U.S. government agency that has worked for almost 60 years with the Honduran government and its people. USAID programs have contributed to reducing poverty and creating opportunities for Hondurans through programs for health, education, sustainable economic growth, environmental protection, infrastructure development, governance, and democracy.last_img read more

JP Morgan ends City stand-off

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Family home in blue-chip suburb could well be a dream renovation

first_imgThe cute cottage at 2 Shaw St, Bardon. Photo: realestate.com.au A bit of work may need to be done to 2 Shaw Street, Bardon.Mr Argent has marketed the property as being “liveable right now”.“There is the chance to move in, rent out and make plans in your own time,” he said.The property features various sleep-outs that could be used as study books or converted into ensuites or walk-in robes. More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home1 hour agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor1 hour ago2 Shaw Street, Bardon.The original gem, at 2 Shaw St, Bardon, is in need of a major makeover and goes under the hammer on September 9.The three-bedroom, one-bathroom property is a deceased estate and could be transformed into a charming contemporary home. FREE: Get the latest real estate news direct to your inbox here 2 Shaw Street, Bardon.Urban Property Agents — Paddington selling agent Daniel Argent said the property had an original kitchen which featured its own fireplace. The original fireplace at 2 Shaw Street, Bardon.A cute cottage in a blue-chip suburb of Brisbane has hit the market for the first time since 1947. 2 Shaw Street, Bardon. The bathroom at 2 Shaw Street, Bardon.last_img read more

Cottage buyers sold on waterside location

first_imgThe home at 54 Collins St, Woody Point.A TIMBER cottage close to the water in Woody Point has sold after strong interest from buyers. Marketing agent Jo Szulc, of One Agency Redcliffe and North Lakes, said the three-bedroom property at 54 Collins St sold for $385,000. “We had massive interest in the home,” she said. “It was a timber home in an absolutely prime location, so the strong interest was really no surprise.” Ms Szulc said potential buyers included investors, owner-occupiers and renovators.“They all loved the property in terms of location and could see it had really good bones,’’ she said.More from newsLand grab sees 12 Sandstone Lakes homesites sell in a week21 Jun 2020Tropical haven walking distance from the surf9 Oct 2019Inside the home at 54 Collins St, Woody Point.‘‘It just needed that extra work to transform it from an original cottage to a beautiful home.’’ The local agent said the buyer was a local investor.“They were looking for a home, in a great location, that they could renovate,” she said. “They are possibly looking at raising and extending the home but their plans are still in the early stages.”Ms Szulc said the Woody Point market was still strong. “Supply is tight and demand is high. I don’t see it slowing down any time soon,” she said.last_img read more

Russian airline suspends service to Jamaica

first_img Sharing is caring! 86 Views   no discussions Share KINGSTON,Jamaica (CMC) – The recent political developments between Russia and Ukraine, has led to the suspension of service provided by Transaero Airlines.On Thursday, the Ministry of Tourism announced that Transaero will be suspending service between Moscow and Montego Bay, effective March 28, with a resumption of service set for November.This development has been attributed to “dramatic currency fluctuations in Russia, their impact on airline operations and recent political developments.”As a direct result of this development, the tourism ministry says the Jamaica Tourist Board’s (JTB) Regional Director in Europe, has been dispatched to Moscow “to keep in touch with the market and to protect the gains we have made there.”The airline began its Jamaica service in the winter of 2012/13. At the time it was welcomed as a major boost to the tourist trade from that part of the world. It was so successful that the airline opted to maintain the service through the entire year.However, in light of these recent political developments, Transaero has revealed it is not confident in its ability to maintain the same level of service this year.Caribbean Media Corporation BusinessLifestyleTravel Russian airline suspends service to Jamaica by: – March 21, 2014center_img Tweet Share Sharelast_img read more

Quad City Speedway hosts Aug. 3 Weedon Memorial

first_imgEAST MOLINE, Ill. – Quad City Speedway hosts its ninth annual Ronnie Weedon Memorial on Sunday, Aug. 3, with a $1,000 to win, minimum $150 to start feature for IMCA Xtreme Motor Sports Modifieds. Sponsored by J & J Camper Sales, the draw/redraw event is a qualifier for the 2015 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational. At stake are IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, Belleville Motorsports North Central Region and Allstar Performance State, but no local track points.Grandstand admission is $12 for adults, $5 for kids ages 6-12 and free for five and under. The entry fee for Modifieds is $40 and pit passes are $30. Pit gates at East Moline open at 3 p.m. and the grandstand opens at 3:30 p.m. The draw ends and the drivers’ meeting starts at 5 p.m. Hot laps are at 5:15 p.m. with racing to follow.More information about the Reinhart Memorial is available at the www.qcspeedwayracing.com website by emailing qcspeedwayracing@yahoo.com.last_img read more

Koscielny focuses on Gunners future

first_img The Gunners recorded a memorable victory over Bayern in the Allianz Arena in March, where Koscielny scored the second goal of a 2-0 win in their Champions League last 16 second-leg clash. Although it was not enough to secure qualification, it restored belief and kickstarted Arsenal’s brilliant end to the campaign, with eight out of 10 victories. Koscielny hopes his team can take that confidence into the new campaign, which will see them play a crucial Champions League qualifier in August. “The second leg of the Champions League against Bayern Munich was a trigger for us,” he added. “In the process, we almost won everything. “The most important thing is that Arsenal is in the Champions League. It is super exciting to play against the best teams in Europe.” Arsenal are expected to strengthen the squad this summer, with Real Madrid’s £25million-rated forward Gonzalo Higuain high on the watchlist of manager Arsene Wenger. The club are set to confirm the arrival of Yaya Sanogo on a free transfer when the France Under-21 attacker’s contract with Auxerre expires on July 1. Koscielny, 27, impressed alongside Per Mertesacker at the heart of the Arsenal defence over a 10-match unbeaten run in the Barclays Premier League which saw them overhaul rivals Tottenham to snatch fourth place and secure another shot at the Champions League. The France international has found himself linked with a summer move away from the Emirates Stadium, with Bayern Munich touted as a possible destination. However, the defender maintains his current focus is completely with the Gunners. Speaking to French regional newspaper La Montagne, Koscielny said: “I have a four-year contract. For now, I am still at Arsenal.” Press Associationcenter_img Defender Laurent Koscielny has again reaffirmed his commitment to Arsenal – and believes the Gunners can use their superb end to last season as a springboard for success in 2013/2014.last_img read more

Local college athletes to get added year of eligibility after lost season

first_img Mike MandellMike Mandell is the sports editor at The Ellsworth American and Mount Desert Islander. He began working for The American in August 2016. You can reach him via email at mmandell@ellsworthamerican.com. MPA approves golf, XC, field hockey, soccer; football, volleyball moved to spring – September 10, 2020 Latest Posts Ellsworth runners compete in virtual Boston Marathon – September 16, 2020 Latest posts by Mike Mandell (see all)center_img Hospice volunteers help families navigate grief and find hope – September 12, 2020 ELLSWORTH — This is not how the 2019-20 college sports season was supposed to end.As is always the case, the flip of the calendar from February to March raised the stakes for athletes at universities across the country. For winter athletes, it meant the chance to compete for championships; for those competing in spring athletics, it marked the start of conference play and the first full month of the season.Instead, that season came to a grinding halt with a series of cancellations stemming from the novel coronavirus. From the NCAA canceling March Madness and other championship events to individual conferences calling off their winter tournaments, athletes who are used to seeing their seasons end on the courts, fields and tracks instead saw them end in conference rooms.With winter sports nearing the end, the season’s conclusion was a finality for those athletes; for the underclassmen, a year they would never get back, and for the seniors, the end of the line. Yet with spring sports still in their early stages, those involved in baseball, softball, tennis, outdoor track and more earned a major reprieve: an added season of eligibility.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder text“It feels good to know that we have that opportunity,” said Conner Wagstaff, who graduated from Ellsworth High School last year and now plays baseball at Southern New Hampshire University. “We’re obviously bummed out with the season being over, but at least we know we have that option going forward.”The eligibility relief came after the NCAA Board of Governors instructed all three divisions of competition to grant an additional year to affected athletes. Administrative committees for each division announced March 13 that they would be providing said relief, though details are still being sorted out at the Division I level.Bucksport softball’s Mikayla Tripp pitches during the fourth inning of the Golden Bucks’ 2019 season opener against MDI at Bucksport High School. Tripp, now a freshman on the Husson University softball team, appeared in four of the Eagles’ 12 games prior to the cancellation of the 2020 season. FILE PHOTOWhereas Wagstaff and Southern New Hampshire had already played 16 games by the time the season was canceled, other teams had yet to begin when the dominoes began to fall. Such was the case with the Thomas College baseball team, which features three Ellsworth graduates (Nick Bagley, Devin Grindle and Brad Smith) and was less than a week away from its first game.“It’s really hard because we should be down in Florida playing right now,” Grindle said Tuesday. “We had been practicing since January and had even started some of our outdoor practices, so it’s tough.”Among the issues to be addressed is the effect eligibility relief will have on roster sizes. The NCAA places strict limitations on the number of scholarships (except at the Division III level, which has no scholarships) and overall roster spots teams are allotted for each sport, and with schools also bringing in incoming recruiting classes, there’s a chance many programs could be stretched thin.“I think that’s going to be an issue that varies from school to school,” said Steve Peed, the athletic director and head women’s lacrosse coach at Maine Maritime Academy. “There might be a little bit of a downward push in terms of recruiting, and that could really shake things up.”Getting an additional year is a positive development for many athletes, but exercising that option isn’t always affordable for the seniors set to graduate. Although seniors on scholarships might revel in the opportunity to return for one more year, doing so would mean an extra year of tuition for non-scholarship athletes.Such is the dilemma for seniors such as Bagley, who is still deciding between returning to Thomas and accepting a job offer, and fellow 2016 Ellsworth graduate Kate Whitney, who has elected to forgo an extra year with the St. Joseph’s College softball team. It’s also the case at MMA, where Peed said his two seniors aren’t about to put their prospective careers on hold.“They’re both pretty deep into the job process already,” Peed said. “One has a six-figure job locked down, and the other is interviewing. They’re not going to give that up for a year of lacrosse.”Even for those who will return, the restoration of eligibility won’t reverse the heartbreak of the 2020 season’s early end. Yet in a situation with few alternatives, the chance to play four full years isn’t something that will be lost on those athletes.“We wanted to play, obviously, but to know we’re not losing that year is a very, very good feeling,” Wagstaff said. “It’s awesome to know we have the chance to come back with some of the seniors who helped us through this season.” Biolast_img read more

Aruna Quadri Replaces Injured Wong Chun at W’Cup

first_imgThe international tennis body picked the experienced Nigerian who will now line up to play other top players in the world.The ITTF.com recalled that when Wong Chun faced China’s Xu Xin at the T2 Diamond Singapore event last week, the player suffered an injury at the end of the second game.Despite the best efforts by his team and coach, the 28 year old was unable to continue. Ranked number16 in the world, he will miss out in the tournament for the first time in three years.The withdrawal has profited Nigeria’s Quadri and will compete in the group stage of the competition. The 31 year old is a regular face at top international events and is no stranger to pushing the table tennis elite to the limit.The change of baton thus meant that Quadri will be making his fifth appearance at a Men’s World Cup and the last two editions in Disneyland Paris (2018) and Liège (2017) are his recent but his best performance however came at the 2014 edition in Düsseldorf, where he reached the quarter-finals stage.This year as a whole has been somewhat topsy turvy for Aruna. Starting with a round of 32 finish at the Liebherr 2019 World Championships in Budapest, he reached the semi-finals at the ITTF World Tour Bulgarian Open in Panagyurishte. Following that, his win in Lagos at the ITTF Challenge Plus Nigeria Open was followed by a surprising round of 16 exit at the ITTF Challenge Plus Portugal Open.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Femi SolajaNigeria’s brightest table tennis star and African number one player, Aruna Quadri, was yesterday handed another opportunity to show case his talent on the global stage following a late minute entry to play at the ITTF Men’s Cup in Chengdu, China this weekend.The opportunity came following the withdrawal of Wong Chun after an ankle injury he sustained last week at another major tournament and thus ruled him out of the world event that will hold from Friday 29th November to Sunday 1st December, 2019.last_img read more